Learn chinese from YouTube


 

I attended the Wellness conference at SICC from the 7th to the 9th June and have been away from social media. I learned many valuable facts from the convention including breathing exercises.

Meanwhile, I have been following an excellent YouTube channel to learn to speak Mandarin fluently. Each of the lessons has a portion for shadowing. 

By shadowing I mean learning by closely watching, listening and following the way the teacher teaches. I read out aloud what I hear on her channel. This is something I have not done in the past and believe it will improve my reading aloud skill and thereby improve my speaking fluency.

I believe her lessons will be equally useful to the existing Chinese speakers in Malaysia who speak Mandarin with Hakka and Cantonese pronunciations. It will also help to clarify what I wrote in my first two posts where many of the words are mispronounced by local Mandarin speakers.

Many Chinese cannot distinguish the difference in sounds such as cu/chu; ca/cha; zai/zhai; zan/zhan; can/chan; zuan/zhuan etc.

Here is her latest YouTube post. LINK

I like her channel because each lesson has a portion for shadowing. I will listen and shadow her for the next 6 months and expect my Mandarin to be fluent by the year end.

Here is a short portion of her video that I tried shadowing. 


 


Comments

  1. There are a few differences between Beijing Mandarin and the way we speak Mandarin in Malaysia. Eg. weir in Beijing Mandarin and our wei (without the 'r' sound at the end of wei.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to screw up pinyin

Pinyin is a must for accurate pronunciation.

Are tones in Mandarin important